The issue of contaminated water at the Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant, which the government has decided to release to the oceans.
However, many oppositions and questions have been raised. This is because contaminated water contains a large amount of radioactive material called tritium.
This time, Mr. Kawata, who specializes in molecular biology and environmental science, will talk about what tritium is, why it cannot be removed, what is the problem, what happens with tritium contamination, and its processing technology.
- Date: Saturday, September 4, 10:00 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
- Lecturer: Masahiro Kawada
- Where & How: HakaruWakaru Hiroba & online by zoom
- The online participation URL will be announced on the website at 9:30 a.m. on the day.
- If you have difficulty accessing online, please go directly to Hakarwakaru Hiroba.